Banish energy hangovers to make work (and life) feel easier with The Energy Effect ⚡️
You might not recognize the name of an energy hangover, but I KNOW you recognize the feeling...
You know when you kick off Monday feeling energized and productive af, power through a bunch of tasks, and then can barely think on Tuesday?
That's an energy hangover. 💁🏻♀️
When you set aside 5 minutes to write a quick email, but for some reason you can find the words and end up staring at a blank compose screen for half an hour?
That's also an energy hangover. 🤷🏻♀️
And when any task takes wayyy longer than you planned for it to and longer than it has for you before?
That's an energy hangover, too. 🙃
An energy hangover happens when you try to do different tasks and activities without enough energy to complete them.
And different activities take different types of energy.
For example, there's:
- Physical energy
- Creative energy
- Social energy
- Emotional energy
So your different energies ebb and flow throughout the day and week, but most people don't take the time to learn those rhythms their body follows.
That's when the energy hangover happens.
But when you learn how to manage your energy, you can match up activities with the energy you need to complete them.
When you do this, work gets done faster, feels easier, and drains you less.
THAT is the power of The Energy Effect. 🤯
And in this course, you'll learn how to harness it.
Over the course of this course (🙃), you're going to learn about how powerful your energy is.
Yes, the energy you already have.
You see, most approaches to energy management go like this:
- Take an assessment to find out what you're doing "wrong" based on common "best practices" 🤮
- Get scared and shocked into wanting to make drastic changes
- Try to change everything about your routine at once based on some productive blueprint
- Get overwhelmed by all the change at once, and exhausted by working against your natural rhythms and patterns 🙈
- Burn out on your new routine quickly and end up back at square one
But at Work Brighter, we don't believe you're broken, or doing anything "wrong."
We don't believe you need to change everything about your day or the way you work.
And we don't believe in making drastic changes - we're all about small hops over big leaps.
That's why instead of trying to change and work against your natural energy rhythms and patterns, this course will teach your how to understand them enough to better work WITH them.
You'll learn how to harness the energy you already have, when you already have it, to make your work life easier, make your home life run more smoothly, and save yourself a lot of time, energy, and stress in the process.
Here's how the course works:
- In the first lesson, we're going to talk more about what energy management is, and why it's so important.
- Then I'll walk you through conducting your first Energy Investigation to track your energy over the course of a week or two to hone your self-awareness and get to know your own energy better.
- After that, you'll learn how to analyze and reflect on your Energy Investigation to uncover your unique patterns and rhythms and how your current routines do or don't respect them.
- Next you'll plan a new ideal daily routine based on what you've learned about your energy, optimizing your schedule to honor your body's energy.
- You'll pick the first baby hops you'll make towards your ideal routine, because trying to change everything at once guarantees you'll end up back where you started.
- You'll learn how to use the science of habit building to make your energy adjustments easier.
- Finally, I'll give you some parting words and tips for continuing your energy management into the future.
Along the way, you'll find helpful exercises, trackers, and journaling prompts to help you through the process.
One productive unicorn from the Work Brighter community had this to say about it:
"The energy management challenge was so, so helpful to figure out what tasks worked best for me, how I best worked, and when.
It's been pretty much life changing!" - Rachel S.
Here's what's included:
- 4 text-based modules walking you through getting started with energy management
- Energy trackers for multiple platforms so you can easily slip your Energy Investigation into your existing productivity system
- Journaling prompts and worksheets (coming soon) to guide you through your Energy Analysis
- Real Ideal Day worksheet to help you brainstorm an improved but realistic daily routine
- Happy Habit Planner worksheet to design new habits to make your Real Ideal a reality
- Bonus video recordings of past energy management workshops and Q&As
- Access to a course community to ask questions, get accountability, and share your wins.
And you can start unlocking your own energy effect today for $50.