Build Your Own VA
Make solopreneurship less of a time suck by automating the MOST boring biz shiz eating up your day!
So. You're a creative freelancer, side hustler, or solopreneur who doesn't have time to be creative anymore because you're drowning in "admin" and managing a thousand things.
I've been there. HARD.
You just want to do awesome creative work every day, whether you're a writer, designer, or course creator.
But all the other non-creative things it takes to keep your biz afloat keep taking over your to-do list...and your life.
The big online biz influencers talk about "outsourcing" and "building an empire" to grow your business, but you don't want to spend your whole day managing a team either. You just wanna do cool creative things, goddammit, why won't anyone let you?!
You just want to streamline your business, not complicate it.
Can't a gal find some help and still keep her biz lean?!
Sure, you have some systems set up, but let's be real. They're janky, not at all organized, and waste more time than they save. You're not even sure they can be called systems, yet alone how to streamline them!
("Workflow? What? Huh?" )
Maaaaybe you have a Zapier account set up from watching a YouTube tutorial once, but you don't really use it...
You KNOW it could save you time and you should use it more, but automation is confusing AF and you don't wanna. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Solopreneurship has started to suck. And THAT sucks.
But it doesn't need to.
Your creative work should make you wanna happy dance every day.
So, what if...
- You didn't have to waste time on those dreaded admin tasks that crush your soul (you know the ones) until you're able to grow a team.
- You were crazypants organized and on top of your biz, instead of drowning in unread emails and Slack messages to respond to and invoices to send.
- The systems running your biz were #flawless (they woke up like this, they woke up like this ).
- Best of all, it's ALL managed by *easy-to-use* apps and tools instead of done manually by you or your VA, freeing up your time for more fun work, or even better, a break!
And no, you don’t need to be a tech wiz or super geek to get started.
It's totally possible, it's just about making your tools work harder for you - to build your own virtual assistant!
Build Your Own VA is a self-paced tech training to help you understand automation, set your admin on autopilot, and say “girl, bye” to boring biz shiz once & for all!
You’ll learn how to use workflow automation tools to slay your systems, tackle your to-do list, and become a freaking queen of productivity.
By the end of the training, you’ll be able to:
- "Outsource" blog admin and promotion to grow your traffic and audience passively while you're off creating new stuff somewhere. From uploading new blog posts to sharing on social, you'll have automation on point.
- Offload the most annoying and time-consuming parts of online business admin. Stop spending time on things from managing your inbox to tracking your income.
- Save hours per week on client admin like onboarding and invoicing so you can spend more time on work that *actually* pays.
- Make any two (or more) biz apps talk to each other and build supersonic chain reactions of productivity!
- Save money on VAs by outsourcing *only* the most important tasks (like copywriting and customer service) to your human “IRL” team members. Give the low energy, copy-and-paste tasks like social media scheduling to the bots.
- Avoid tech overwhelm, make your apps as “hands off” as possible, and learn how to use tools that work with the systems you already have.
And here’s the best part…you don’t need to use a zillion apps to get there.
Build Your Own VA focuses on the “core four” automations apps - the most powerful ones that can help you automate anything.
Instead of using one app for email marketing automation, and another for email outreach automation, and another for client onboarding, and another and another and another…
Replace your dozens of random apps with “up for anything” unicorn tools like IFTTT and Zapier.
Instead of using a separate tool for every little thing you want to automate, they power-up the OTHER tools you’re ALREADY using (and maybe even paying for), like Gmail, ConvertKit, and Trello.
Once you master them (and in BYOVA, you master them but good ), nothing will hold you back.
In BYOVA, you’ll become BFFs with:
- IFTTT: simply automate any app you use for your business and personal life in 2 minutes or less - no experience or coding required.
- Zapier: make any two biz tools talk to each other to automate full systems and workflows (it's like building your own integrations! ).
- Alfred: launch any file or workflow from your app in a single keystroke, create custom keyboard shortcuts, and use canned responses anywhere on your Mac.
- Workflow: basically create your own iOS app without writing a single script or code (yeah, really!) to automate time-consuming processes on your smartphone.
Don't know where to start? NBD. Gotcha covered.
We’ll also talk about the strategy behind automation, so you know exactly:
- How to perform a productivity audit to figure out what you’re wasting your time on (with a free workbook included!)
The best kinds of tasks for YOU, personally, to automate
When to automate and when something needs your fabulous self involved
- Which other time management tactics to use with automation to make the most of it
All of the sudden, you’ll know exactly what to streamline and how to get back to doing the things you wanna do.
"Since setting up Zapier and IFTTT, all of my different business systems and softwares now communicate with each other, and do so seamlessly. It's as if they have been molded into one unique software for my business needs.
Working in a service-based industry, I generate revenue by working on my clients' projects, not my own. BYOVA has allowed me to save time operating and marketing my business, giving me the opportunity to take on another client without having to work longer days.
That means I earn more money without having to work more hours and, for that, I can't thank Brittany enough for creating BYOVA.
While I'm happy to save time, I've found the best part about automating tasks is not even having to think about doing them. Now I run my business and my business doesn't run me."
VA & Dubsado Consultant
Start building your own VA today for just $50- aka the equivalent of a single hour of working with a qualified VA you can tolerate in the creative niche!
Hayyy! I’m Brittany Berger, your automation angel.
Without smart and automated processes, my business could not exist - it saves my ass on a daily basis.
When I started my freelance writing business on the side of my full-time marketing job at a tech startup, I had no idea how much non-writing stuff would be involved in a writing business. (Spoiler alert: it’s a freaking ton.)
Tbh, I overextended myself but good. I needed to get my shit together quick, and that didn’t leave time for learning new tools. So I figured out how to work with the ones I already knew how to use, and “hook ‘em together” to run without me.
Best decision ever.
Fast forward a month or two of hardcore wizarding, and I had sidekicks working with me at all times in all area of my new biz. The Kelly AND Michelle to my Beyonce.
I only needed to check email twice a week to hit inbox zero. My social media calendar was filled for the next three months. My client processes were automated so I could spend my side hustle time on actual client work.
Fast forward a few more months, and with all that free time I was able to relaunch my blog, build a new brand, and create and launch this course. All still on the side of my day job!
Without automation, I’d still be struggling to get my freelance biz off the ground. Instead, I run two successful businesses on the side of a full-time job and still have time for those fun things like naps and Netflix binges!
"Before BYOVA, I struggled with creating systems that actually worked. The systems I did have involved a lot of work on my end, which took time away from more important things.
This taught me how to think outside the box and string together different tools to create systems that ran themselves. Such a huge timesaver!
I've actually put IFTTT and Zapier to use! Using them to create systems have saved a bunch of time, which allows me to be more productive."
BYOVA is perfect for you if:
- You’re a solopreneur who can’t start new projects because you’re drowning in day-to-day maintenance.
- You’re a freelance creative that stresses over landing new clients because of all the boring (and unbillable) admin involved in onboarding.
- You’re a rockstar infopreneur whose admin has taken the passive out of passive income and made launch weeks utter hell.
- You're a VA who wants to take on more work (oh hey, retainer clients!) without working more hours maintaining your clients' email and social media.
- Your solo biz is slaying so hard that your VA needs her own VA and you're both looking for any hacks and tricks you can find.
- The number of apps and tools it takes to run an online biz makes you want to breathe into a paper bag.
- Your systems are kiiiinda there, but they’re scattered and you’re not totally sure they’re real systems.
- Lifetime access to all videos, lessons, cheat sheets, and bonuses (plus any future updates!)
- Bonus cheat sheets for every module to help you get started quickly
- Free copy of The Productivity Power-Up Workbook, full of over 50 questions and exercises to audit + reflect on your productivity habits
- "Getting Started" workbook to plan out your biz's first automations
- Free templates + shortcuts to help you save time building out and implementing your automations
Get immediate access to all of this amazingness...
"I love the idea of automation tools like IFTTT and Zapier, but they overwhelmed me to the point of paralyzation because of how much they could do. Brittany's posts have made these tools accessible and applicable to my solo business.
Soon after I read her IFTTT recipes tutorial, I set one up to get a Slack notification when a client email comes in. Now, I can shut my inbox down knowing that I'll still be alerted for urgent emails. It's been a gamechanger!"
"I have seriously learned *so* much from Brittany's productivity advice! IFTTT has helped everything that comes with scheduling and sharing a blog post a whole lot easier and less overwhelming.
I never realized how much time I was spending on the little tasks, but they really add up! I'm now getting a whole lot more bang for my buck each time I publish and share a blog post."
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a human VA. Why would I automate things?
How would you like it if you and your VA suddenly had an extra few hours a week? Automation is a win/win for both of you because they have more time to work on harder projects for you, and you're not paying them for the simple stuff a robot can do! Ta-daaaa!
I AM a virtual assistant! What can this do for me?
How does more billable work in less time sound? Pretty sweet, right? If you work in retainers or packages instead of hourly work, automating processes for both you AND your clients let you spend less time on the same amount of work, leaving room for more clients and more money.
I already use IFTTT and Zapier. is this course for me?
Of course! Sure, this course goes over the basics of those apps, but it's so much more. I'm handing you hundreds of automations and recipes ready to customize and start using immediately, cheat sheets so you don't have to spend hours browsing each site, and explain the more advanced features a lot of people don't even know about!
This looks kind of Apple-specific. Can I use these apps if I have a PC computer or Android phone?
YES! This course covers the "what" and "why" of automation in addition to specific tech trainings. You need to understand it before you can go downloading and setting up things. And while some of the tech trainings are for Apple-specific apps (no PC/Android equivalents exist for them yet), the majority of the tech trainings are for web apps that will work on any computer!
BYOVA includes 6 modules, broken down into lessons containing both video and text (gotta show love to the word nerds!). Each module also has a matching cheat sheet or workbook. Plus, I'm throwing in a free copy of The Productivity Power-Up Workbook, one of my other products to help you get shit done, and a bunch of other bonuses.
How long do I have access to the course?
Um, forever. I know, it's great. After you sign up, you have unlimited access to all this goodness, and any new content that gets added to the course in the future. I've got your back.
In the words of Outkast, "for ever, ever?"
For ever, ever. ("Forever doesn't seem that long until you're grown...I'm sorry Ms. Jackson!")
What if I'm unhappy with the course?
If you're sad, I'm sad. I would never want you to be unhappy! I happily offer a 30-day return policy.
If you've gone through the course in your first month, tried implementing some of it, and found automation is not saving time, contact me through the course platform and we'll work something out.
"I have always battled with inbox overwhelm but Brittany's advice and tools recommendations about how to automate email have been a life-saver (or should I say, sanity-saver?!).
The advice she shares isn't just fluff but stuff she actually believes in and uses.
Also, her ideas about tricking yourself into saving more money have alleviated the pressure and stress of paying my quarterly taxes. And we all know how stressful that can be!"
Project Manager & VA
"I learned how to use the tools I was already using in smarter and more efficient ways.The automation tips alone will give me back several hours each week that I can devote to the things I enjoy doing (and not the mind-numbing, repetitive tasks that I hate).
I've known for a long time that automation could help me, but I just wasn't quite sure where to begin. Brittany gives concrete information and examples that show you exactly what to do to maximize your productivity.
I went from "This task sucks..." (and thus, procrastination) to "This task sucks... how can I automate it?" (so I never have to do it again!). I'm getting so much more done in so much less time."